This last week we were struck with chicken pox, well Matilda was anyway. I was warned when she started nursery that she would catch everything but this is her third bug in a month and it's a tad exhausting. So naturally I have been reaching for the chocolate. My constant in a world full of chaos.
Because things have been a little overwhelming lately I decided I wanted to make something easy and pretty much fool proof. I started off by adding peanut butter but it didn't quite work out so, in the same frame of mind as my pumpkin bread, I took it back to a simple mix of chocolate, cream, oreos and butter. It can be served two ways depending on your preference, serve straight away at room temperature and you have an creamy, whipped chocolate or serve from the fridge and you have a firmer ganache. Both options taste amazing so it's really about what's easiest for you.
I have a little giveaway for you today aswell! I have four mini tart tins from House of Fraser to giveaway so you can make your own mini versions of this for Christmas or Boxing Day. The giveaway is open to UK residents only and will end at midnight on Thursday 4th December.
4 Ingredient No-Bake Chocolate Tart
600g dark chocolate, finely chopped
600ml double cream
450g oreos (3x packs)
90g unsalted butter
- Lightly grease a tart or flan tin. Blitz the oreos in a food processor until crumb like. Tip into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and add to the oreos, stir until the crumbs are coated with the butter.
- Press into the base and the sides of the tin. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Heat the cream until just boiling in a large pan and add the chopped chocolate. Stor continuously until all the chocolate has melted.
- Transfer to a bowl and pop in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Remove be chocolate from the fridge and beat with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until the mixture thickens and starts to look fluffy.
- Tip onto your oreo base and smooth out with a spatula. Top with anything you fancy, I like the effect of finely grated chocolate.
- Serve straight away or chill until needed. Easy as pie, well tart.